FAQs for all INPRS-participating employers.
INPRS Podcast FAQs
Employer Account Management and Contribution Rate Info
- As a ’77 Fund employer, how do I change the membership status of full-time Police Officers and Firefighters currently enrolled in PERF to the ’77 Fund per SEA 78?
- What should I do if I’m a ’77 Fund employer and believe that SEA 78 impacts my organization?
- I’m a ’77 Fund employer, what do I need to do regarding SEA 78?
- What is Senate Enrolled Act 78?
- What is the TRF My Choice: Retirement Savings Plan supplemental rate?
- When will the new employer contribution rates come into effect each year?
Pension Relief FAQs for 1977 Fund Employers
- What should I do if I cannot log into ERM?
- What information will be available online to help me with the Pension Relief process?
- When can I start submitting my Pension Relief information online?
- When will I receive my pension relief distributions?
- What information does INPRS need regarding Pension Relief Electronic Funds Transfers?
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions about my pension relief distribution?
Employer Joining Process FAQs
- How do I join the ’77 Fund as an employer?
- I am a turnaround school. How do I join the Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (PERF) and the Teachers’ Retirement Fund (TRF)?
- I am a public school. How do I join the Teachers’ Retirement Fund (TRF)?
- I am an employer. How do I join the Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (PERF)?
- I am an employer. When is my actuarial survey due?
- I am an employer. When will the Board approve my resolution?
SEA 396: Police and Firefighter First Class Officer Salaries
- What is the difference between longevity pay of up to 20 years versus longevity pay of 20 to less than 25 years if done through the meet and confer process?
- How does 2021's SEA 396 affect retirement eligibility for 77 Fund members?
- Which certified salary do we use to calculate a member's monthly and DROP benefits if a they entered the DROP prior to May 14, 2021 and then the unit increased the certified salary after legislation changed for 2021?
- Which certified salary is used for a 77 Fund member’s retirement benefit—the certified salary from the year of hire or the one during the year the member ended active service?
- What is a longevity increase?
- Why are longevity increases included in the definition of a first-class officer's salary?