Occasionally INPRS members are contacted by financial sales representatives who may leave the impression they work for or represent INPRS (PERF, TRF, etc.). Here are a few pointers to make sure you and your hard-earned retirement savings remain safe.
- INPRS Retirement Services Consultants are public employees, just like you. They each carry identification. If you have any doubt who they work for, ask to see that identification.
- INPRS Retirement Services Consultants meet with thousands of members each year. You are entitled to as many appointments with an INPRS Retirement Services Consultant as you wish. There is never a charge for these meetings.
- INPRS offers more than 700 workshops each year. You may attend an unlimited number of these INPRS workshops, at no charge.
- You may personally schedule yourself to attend a workshop or appointment via our scheduling website or by calling us at (844) GO-INPRS.
- An INPRS Retirement Services Consultant will never ask to meet with you in your home.
- We offer face-to-face workshops and individual counseling sessions where public employees work, such as libraries, colleges, and schools. Only in rare and unusual circumstances would we suggest meeting with you at a coffee shop or restaurant.
- Some INPRS members work with expert, high-quality outside financial services professionals. Ethical financial representatives will never intentionally give you the impression they work for, or represent, INPRS.