Contact INPRS to inform us that you want to join. To initiate the process, you may contact our Employer Pension Plan Administration (EPPA) team directly at (888) 876-2707.
An Employer Services Representative (ESR) will gather information to determine if you are eligible to join the ’77 Fund.
If you are eligible to join, the ESR will provide the following forms that are needed to initiate and complete the joining process:
- 3% pre-tax pick-up model resolution
- Authorized Agent Designated to Perform Necessary Duties (State Form 54190)
- Certified Salary Letter
- Employer Reporting and Maintenance (ERM) System Online Data Setup and User Authorization
- Statewide Baseline Examination (Application for Membership)
- Resolution Electing to Join the '77 Fund
- Actuarial Survey form (If applicable. This is only required if your unit desires to purchase prior service in the PERF Hybrid Plan.)
If you are not eligible to join, the ESR will inform you and provide the applicable Indiana Code(s).
An ESR will provide further information about employer contributions. You will also know if you are eligible to join the '77 Fund and discuss your effective joining date.
If you wish to purchase prior service, you will be required to submit an actuarial survey form to receive information about the cost to purchase service credit. Once the survey is completed, a study will be submitted to you for review. Following submission, an ESR will follow up with you to obtain your documents and discuss your join date.
To join, a member must pass the requirements of the baseline examination. Please note that the age requirement is waived when the new unit joins.
If you do not wish to purchase service credit, you will be notified of your join date.
You will begin reporting and entering information into the Employer Reporting and Maintenance System (ERM). For further information about ERM, please go here.