1. Under Indiana Code 5-10.4 and 35 Indiana Administrative Code 14-1, if you are a public school, you are required to join. Provided below are the forms that must be completed to join:
- Employer Enrollment Form State form 53268
- Authorized Agent Designated to Perform Necessary Duties, form 54190
- Employer Reporting and Maintenance (ERM) System Online Data Setup and User Authorization form 54851
- The Resolution for Employer Pick-Up of the Mandatory Member Contribution form
2. An Employer Services Representative (ESR) will follow-up with you to obtain the documents. Once the documents have been returned and completed correctly, they will be reviewed for approval. If approved, the ESR will provide your approval letters and submission unit number.
3. You will begin reporting and entering information into the Employer Reporting and Maintenance System (ERM). For further information about ERM, please visit www.in.gov/inprs/erm.htm.