You may participate in PERF by completing the following steps:
1. Contact INPRS to inform us that you want to join. To initiate the process, you may contact our Employer Pension Plan Administration (EPPA) team directly at (888) 876-2707.
2. An assigned Employer Services Representative (ESR) will determine your current participation status to determine if you are eligible to join. If an employer is not eligible to join PERF, the ESR will inform you and provide the applicable Indiana Code(s).
3. If you are eligible join PERF, the ESR will inform you of the plans provided by the Indiana Public Retirement System. The ESR will also provide the following forms to you in an email to initiate and complete the joining process:
- New Unit Initial Information letter
- Actuarial Survey form (If applicable. This is only required if your unit desires to purchase prior service in the PERF Hybrid Plan)
- PERF Employer Joining Resolution
- Authorized Agent form
- ERM Data Setup form
4. The ESR will follow-up with you via a phone call two weeks following the date the forms above were submitted to you. In this phone call, the ESR will confirm if you desire to move forward or purchase prior service. The ESR will also confirm what plans your unit is considering to participate in.
5. Once the resolution is submitted, the ESR will review the resolution for accuracy.
6. The ESR will mail you a new unit approval letter and the original resolution containing a PERF seal. Also, a new unit submission number will be provided.
7. You will begin reporting and entering information into the Employer Reporting and Maintenance System (ERM). For further information about ERM, please visit www.in.gov/inprs/erm.htm.